Experience the sensation of trigger point massage. Stafford Physiotherapy Centre is offering this technique as part of a pain management and hands-on treatment plan. By focusing on specific areas of built-up tension, we aim to reduce pain in a lasting way. We can also teach you how to do this at home.
The Importance of Trigger Point Therapy
The current understanding of trigger point therapy involves an awareness of where the body carries stress, strains, and discomfort. Below are some common causes of this build-up:
- Individual injuries can cause an adjustment in posture and muscle use as your body compensates. These adjustments build up the strain in specific parts of your muscles near the bone.
- Repetitive strain can also cause this. Repeated motions or exertions result in an overuse that harms the muscle and reduces your body’s ability to release the tension.
- Muscle weakness or tightness can also prompt your body to engage muscle groups unnecessarily. This may gradually add more systemic pain that needs release.
Some Approaches to Trigger Point Massage
Trigger point massage therapy does not need to be used in isolation. There are several other methods that can be incorporated for a holistic approach:
- Clinical Pilates – The benefits in terms of strength and core stability is important. Once the tension has been released with trigger point massage, clinical Pilates can assist with re-ordering your body’s posture, strengthening weak muscles and reduce future instances of trigger point tension build up.
- Pelvic Floor – For those encountering bladder issues, a consultation and follow up focused on a pelvic floor regimen can provide valuable and lifelong assistance.
- General Physiotherapy – We combine decades of experience with ongoing training to keep up-to-date with the latest techniques and developments. Your physiotherapist will work with you to develop a regimen aimed at reducing recurrent pains on a long-term basis.
About Stafford Physiotherapy Centre
Stafford Physiotherapy Centre was established in 1988 by physiotherapist Sandra Day. She shared her experience and helped bring about a team of dedicated physiotherapists that take continuing education seriously to provide our clients with the best care we can give.
In 2012, we expanded to include a Clinical Pilates studio. This increased the variety of service and care we offer, as well as incorporating another dimension of health awareness. The techniques that our team provides in our clinical Pilates studio focus on providing better body alignment, core strength, flexibility, coordination, mindful movement, and good breathing habits to improve life in a variety of ways.
We have a specific interest in preventative care and take a “hands-on” approach to physiotherapy. We customise these regimens for each of our clients specifically. This ensures that you have the personal attention you need to receive care that’s designed especially for you.
Take advantage of our trigger point massage therapy that we are offering. Contact us now to find out more or to schedule your initial consultation. If you are struggling with chronic or acute pain, Stafford Physiotherapy Centre on Brisbane’s northside will give you the personal attention you need to seek pain management from every angle possible.