Sandra graduated from the University of Queensland in 1983 and worked in hospitals in Newcastle and Brisbane, and then private practices in Redcliffe and Capalaba before establishing Stafford Physiotherapy Centre in 1988.
Sandra’s passion is treating musculoskeletal problems, especially neck and back pain, sporting injuries, headaches, and teaching Pilates. She has:
- completed postgraduate studies in Sports Physiotherapy with Sports Medicine Australia in 1991
- lectured clients with chronic back pain for Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, and local high school students in posture and correct lifting
- provided sports coverage for football, netball, Tae Kwon Do, the World Gymnastics in 1994 and masters swimming
- participated, as one of five leading clinical physiotherapists, in a two-year clinical trial in using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Pain Coping Skills) for osteoarthritis of the knee, with the University of Queensland and University of Melbourne. The trial compared Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and exercise and was published in 2015 and presented at the APA conference in 2016.
Sandra is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, Sports Physiotherapy Australia, Musculoskeletal Therapy Australia, Sports Medicine Australia Acupuncture, Dry Needling Special Group, and Continence and Women’s Health Special Group.
Sandra is passionate about treatment and prevention of headaches. She has studied under international headache researcher and physiotherapist, Professor Gwen Jull, and has also completed Levels 1 and 2 of the Watson Headache® Approach.
Sandra is a strong advocate for Pilates in the treatment and prevention of injuries. Her qualifications and experience include:
- Level 3 Pilates instructor teaching Clinical Pilates equipment classes
- Pilates Masterclass in Dance Performance Enhancement, Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Polestar Pilates in the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Series in 2015 (Polestar Pilates provides the most comprehensive Pilates rehabilitation and fitness curriculum and certification in the world today).